Jul 20, 2023
It’s too dang hot, y’all. If the thought of cooking in the kitchen has you crying right now, Anne Milneck, chef and owner of Red Stick Spice Company shares 8 cooldown recipes to help you take the temp down just a bit. Make the most of produce that’s available now; get some sumptuous sips; indulge in some frozen sweet treats that are sure to make summertime memories.
- Are you intrigued by ice box cakes and pies? Make some space in the freezer for these delights:
- Refreshing Blueberry Lemon Ginger Ice Box Cake is one to try
- Chocolate lovers rejoice for Red Stick Spice Co’s Chocolate Ice Box Pie
- Legendary Lime Cracker Ice Box Pie from Kenji Lopez-Alt (lime and Ritz crackers?? Tell us more!)
- House favorite Eggplant Parm Burgers get a shout-out on this episode (hint: make these! Thank us later.)
- Peachy keen! Make Peach Salad with Pepper Jelly Vinaigrette
- The requisite Red Stick Spice Company quick pickled item: Sweet Quick Pickled Cucumbers
- Afternoon nibble idea: Strawberry Bruschetta with Strawberry Balsamic
- Corn on the cob gets an upgrade with Elote! Make it for your BBQ: https://blog.redstickspice.com/recipe/elote/
- Morning, noon, or night: Squash & Corn Fritters
- Talk about childhood memories: No Churn Vanilla Ice Cream
- How do I get the Red Stick Spice Company newsletter with recipes and cooking ideas? Sign up for our newsletter here.
-Read Anne’s blog post with all her cooldown recipes here: https://blog.redstickspice.com/8-summertime-cool-down-dishes-and-sips/
Hear all Smidgen episodes on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Pandora or your browser, or your favorite podcast app. Follow Red Stick Spice Co socials, including Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. Smidgen is the award-winning podcast of Red Stick Spice Co.