Sep 21, 2023
Everyone is re-discovering their Dutch ovens. Make crusty bread, roast a chicken, make a beautiful stew—you can do all of this in a Dutch oven, and more! On this episode of Smidgen, Anne Milneck of Red Stick Spice Company gives a useful lesson about what sets Dutch ovens apart from other cookware (hint: you’ll be inspecting the lid of your favorite cooker after this show.) Plus, Anne shares 7 Dutch oven-ready recipes, each one sounding better than the next.
- Anne has a great blog post that collects all the recipes featured on this episode into one place. Read the blog post here: https://blog.redstickspice.com/7-dutch-oven-recipes/
- Don’t have a Dutch oven or want to give a Dutch oven as a gift this year? Check out Staub at Red Stick Spice Co. View the line here: https://www.redstickspice.com/search?type=product&q=staub*
- Cute alert: Staub also has custom knobs in the shape of piggies, cows, roosters, or a fishy for your Dutch oven, available at Red Stick Spice. Custom Staub animal knobs here.
- Try Roasted Garlic Dutch Oven Bread—recipe here.
- How do I get the Red Stick Spice Company newsletter with recipes and cooking ideas? Sign up for our newsletter here.
Hear all Smidgen episodes on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Pandora or your browser, or your favorite podcast app. Follow Red Stick Spice Co socials, including Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. Smidgen is the award-winning podcast of Red Stick Spice Co.