Nov 9, 2023
Spatchcock your Thanksgiving turkey for gorgeous crispy skin and juicy turkey meat. Smidgen host Anne Milneck of Red Stick Spice Company details on this episode why everyone should consider taking a note out of Kenji Lopez-Alt’s book (or podcast appearance) and spatchcocking this year’s Thanksgiving turkey. What do you get?
Anne explains why this year is a perfect time to try this technique and have wow results for your family and other Thanksgiving guests.
There’s a step-by-step guide on the Red Stick Spice Company website showing how to spatchcock your Thanksgiving turkey here: https://blog.redstickspice.com/why-we-are-spatchcocking-our-turkey/
Anne recommends several spice blends to try on your turkey when spatchcocking and a variety of salts:
- This is the time of year to try Gobble Gobble Blend: https://www.redstickspice.com/products/gobble-gobble-blend
- Italian Herb Blend: https://www.redstickspice.com/products/italian-seasoning
- When you dry brine, use our Dry Brine Blend: https://www.redstickspice.com/products/dry-brine
- Customer favorite Butcher Salt is also a great choice: https://www.redstickspice.com/products/sea-salts-products-butcher-salt
- Want to share Smidgen podcast with a fellow Thanksgiving cook? Please do! Easy link to share: https://pod.link/1465606357
- Anne recommends the countdown to Thanksgiving method, covered previously on Smidgen. Want to know how to prepare? Listen to these short, technique-packed episodes: 5 Days before T-Day; 4 days; 3 days, 2 days; 1 day until Thanksgiving. What do you think of this sequence?
- How do I get the Red Stick Spice Company newsletter with recipes and cooking ideas? Sign up for our newsletter here.
Hear all Smidgen episodes on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Pandora or your browser, or your favorite podcast app. Follow Red Stick Spice Co socials, including Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. Smidgen is the award-winning podcast of Red Stick Spice Co.