Apr 15, 2021
When you walk into Red Stick Spice Co. looking for tea, the staff will ask you, “Caffeine or no caffeine?” Your answer will set a course for your sipping future. Last week on Smidgen was all about tea from Camelia Sinensis. This episode of Smidgen is the no caffeine side of things—herbals and botanicals.
Host Anne Milneck walks us through the leaves, flowers, bushes, roots, and other delights that make up herbal teas. The “rules” of herbal tea are different (in that there really aren’t any rules… for the most part.) You get lots of flavors with herbal tea, but one of the main reason folks opt for herbals is for wellness properties. Anne highlights two herbals in particular that are noted for their attributes—meet kudzu root (yes, the invasive plant which also happens to be the hero of Hangover tea) and learn more about anti-oxidant rich rooibos (and finally feel confident about how to pronounce the name of this rich, red tea.)
To close, Anne offers a “sipping segment” featuring Namaste tea—perfect for yogis after a deep yoga practice or anyone who wants a bit of restoration. Anne selected this tea to prepare since it has layers of aromas followed by flavors and colors, topped off by benefits for you to experience.
Mentioned on the show:
- Wow—did you hear some of the teas Anne mentioned? Try Fais Do Do (made with chamomile and rooibos) or Biscotti tea (beautiful cornflower bring color and flavor.) Get some replenishment with Rooibos Renewal.
- Wellness is a property, but it’s also a tea. Sip Wellness and enjoy! If you really need to unwind, give Chill tea a try.
- See all tea selections offered by Red Stick Spice Co. on the website. From single variety to blends to botanicals, we are sure to have a tea you will love.
- Anne mentioned that lots of customers like rooibos as an alternate to coffee. (Producer Catherine is now hooked on Vanilla Rooibos, a tea she tried after this episode.)
- Did you miss it? Catch last week’s Camelia Sinensis episode to get your dose of black, white, and green tea.
- This gorgeous tea is what Anne would serve at a luncheon. Get French Lemon Ginger tea and fall in love for yourself!
- We are so excited for our C’est Si Bon subscription boxes! Get the goodness of Red Stick Spice Co. each month with a C’est Si Bon subscription—each box contains a curated tea in addition to a full size spice and a local product. Makes an amazing gift. C’est Si Bon!
Listen to the episode for a Red Stick Spice Company discount code, special for you, our Smidgen listener.
Did this episode get you thinking about herbals? Ready to try a blend? Let us know! Hit us up on any of the Red Stick Spice Co socials, including Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
Hear all Smidgen episodes on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Pandora, or your browser, or your favorite podcast app. Smidgen is the podcast of Red Stick Spice Co.