Nov 23, 2023
Oh my! What are we going to do with all this food?? If you are looking upon your Thanksgiving Leftovers with a little bit of dread, Anne Milneck—chef and owner of Red Stick Spice Company reveals her skill as a meal makeover artist in this episode of Smidgen. Now, keep in mind: we are pro-leftover on Smidgen; this is not about simply eating down the Thanksgiving meal. Rather, this episode is all about fully transformed meals, using food from Thanksgiving. Each of the recipes Anne discusses are great dishes on their own—the fact that they help making a dent in the leftovers crowding the fridge: a bonus.
You don’t have to face your post-Thanksgiving fridge with dread. Here are 5 great recipes to makeover your Thanksgiving leftovers.
- A South Louisiana staple: Turkey & Sausage Gumbo
- Have you ever said, “Will it waffle?” then this is for you: Cheesy Waffled Mashed Potatoes
- Ooh la la ooey gooey goodness: Turkey & Brie Panini with Cranberry Sauce
- Nothing like a good sweet potato. Try these Sweet Potato Pancakes—yum!
- Cranberry lovers unite! Rosemary Thumbprint Cookies with Cranberry Sauce
- Producer note: This stuffing is amazing! Do yourself a favor and give it a try: Ciabatta & Sausage Stuffing
- Y’all interested in a make-ahead roux? Anne has you covered: Make-Ahead Roux
- Want to share Smidgen podcast with a fellow Thanksgiving leftover lover? Please do! Easy link to share: https://pod.link/1465606357
- How do I get the Red Stick Spice Company newsletter with recipes and cooking ideas? Sign up for our newsletter here.
Hear all Smidgen episodes on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Pandora or your browser, or your favorite podcast app. Follow Red Stick Spice Co socials, including Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. Smidgen is the award-winning podcast of Red Stick Spice Co.