Jun 9, 2022
Tea is tasted through an activity called cupping, where tea is sipped at various temperatures and is assessed for color, aroma, and finally taste. One aspect of experiencing tea in this way is having a particular vocabulary of vivid words to describe the way the tea looks, smells, and its flavor. That vocabulary comes from daily practice—which means lots and lots of trying tea.
On this episode of Smidgen, host Anne Milneck (a self-described perpetual student of tea) is joined by wine professional Lauren Luquet (Luquet Wine Co.) and coffee professional Dominick Blanda (City Roots Coffee Bar) to tase milk oolong, courtesy of SoGo Tea Bar. Lauren and Dominick have that vocabulary for wine and coffee—how can their perspective help us appreciate tea more, and get excited for the adventure that can be found in a lovely cup of tea?
SoGo Tea Bar is located just inside of Red Stick Spice Company in Mid City, Baton Rouge. SoGo is a must-visit stop in Baton Rouge, and the knowledgeable SoGo baristas are ready to get you to a tea you’ll love.
Mentioned on the show:
- Enjoy tea the SoGo way! In Baton Rouge: look over the SoGo menu here and pop in for a sip. Outside of Baton Rouge: Check out the selection of tea available and place your order to be shipped right to your door.
- Anne leads a Tea 101 class! Learn more here.
- Follow SoGo Tea Bar on Instagram.
- Dominick Blanda is a partner, coffee roaster/enthusiast, and jack-of-all-trades at City Roots Coffee Bar in Baton Rouge. Visit in person when in Baton Rouge or order online here. Follow City Roots Coffee Bar on Facebook and Instagram.
- How do I get the Red Stick Spice Company newsletter with recipes and cooking ideas? Sign up for our newsletter here.