Mar 11, 2021
The pandemic impacted so many families’ eating routines, but one thing that never changes is the need to get dinner on the table quickly. Quick dinners that are hot, nutritious, and delicious are always in demand, no matter what the current circumstances.
How much of fast dinners is hype? What can we keep in the pantry to make quick dinners easier? How do we keep fast dinners from getting boring (or plunging us into a cooking rut?) All these questions and more answered on this episode of Smidgen, the podcast of Red Stick Spice Company.
Host Anne Milneck shares tips and strategies to help the home cook get ready to make fast dinners, even multiple times a week. Special this episode: we hear from Meredith Waguespack, CEO of Sweet Baton Rouge, as she describes the dinner situation in her home. As a business owner and Mom, Meredith experiences the need for dinner in a hurry often—you’ll likely recognize some of your own situation after hearing from Meredith.
To close the show, Anne walks us through a true, for-real 30-minute dinner that is as delicious as it is fast: Easy Chicken Tikka Masala. This one is sure to become a staple in your home.
Mentioned on the show:
- Test drive a new spice blend on some crispy chickpeas. Anne recommends trying new spices in this yummy chickpea dish—you get to experience the flavor, imagine what else you’d like to try with that blend AND you get a delicious snack. Recipe here.
- Thaw the right way! Here’s a post on proper defrost techniques here on the Red Stick Spice Co. blog.
- Did you hear our previous Smidgen episode where Anne explains the famous stock bag for your freezer? Listen here (and fall in love with slab grilled cheese, by the way.)
- We are so excited for our C’est Si Bon subscription boxes! Get the goodness of Red Stick Spice Co. each month with a C’est Si Bon subscription—it is so, so good. Makes an amazing gift. C’est Si Bon!
- Use Smidgen15 at checkout to save 15% on your purchase, just for Smidgen listeners.
What is dinnertime like in your house? Did you get some new ideas for getting dinner together quickly? Let us know! Hit us up on any of the Red Stick Spice Co socials, including Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.